Had to stop for a minute to write an impromptu cooking blog because I made the most delicious and easy chili last week and needed to share it. I got a recipe off Pinterest but once I got all the ingredients I ended up doing my own thing.
- 1 pack of lean Jenny-O ground turkey
- 1 package of Jimmy Dean Maple Ground Sausage
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 small yellow onions or 1 large
- 1 12 oz can of Hunts petite diced tomatoes (no salt)
- 1 can of Hunts whole tomatoes
- 2 cans of pumpkin puree
- 1 can of red beans
- 1 can of white beans
- virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
- crushed red pepper
- brown sugar
- non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- cheddar cheese
- Heat up a table spoon of Olive Oil on the stove and throw in 1 onion (if small, half if large), a teaspoon of crushed garlic, the turkey and sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes until almost cooked.
- In crock pot add other onion, both yellow peppers, both cans of tomatoes, beans, and pumpkin puree. Add the meat & stir well.
- I am REALLY bad about measurements and I basically add all my spices to taste.
- The only thing I measured was brown sugar, I put 1/2 cup.
- Add some salt, pepper, cumin & chili powder. I would say at least 1/3 cup of cumin & chili powder.
- Let it cook on low for about an hour then check the taste.
- Add the spices to how you like. If you want it sweeter, add more brown sugar; spicier add more red pepper.
- Cook for about 4 hours.
- I put mine over brown rice with low fat cheddar cheese and a non-fat Greek yogurt!
It’s seriously super easy. Sorry I don’t do measurements but somethings you just have to trust your taste buds! Enjoy!