Hey guys ♣
So I have really wanted to keep doing Men’s Monday posts because they get a lot of love however, I hated not having my own content. But, my wonderfully tall and “model-esque” friend Brett let me style and shoot him this weekend. I am so excited to share our men’s fall/winter styles with you.
One of my favorite color combos on a man is navy blue and brown. Brett is wearing navy dress pants with a light blue and navy button-down. This is a great look in the office or maybe a date night. You can swap out the blue pants for dark denim for a more dressed down look.
The next look is a more dressed down, Florida look for the holidays. Since it’s still warm here, you can definitely get away with wearing khaki linen pants. I paired the pants with a darker tone button-down for a holiday vibe. I love maroon too and I like the contrast of these two colors together. I chose a dark brown belt and shoes unlike the above look, we did a more camel, mid-brown color. Another easy one to pop on some jeans for a low key look.
How you cuff your shirts are important too. If you are going to roll them up make sure they are right above your elbow. Brett just folds his twice so that the cuff is not clunky but rather a smooth fold.
I am going to be doing 3-4 segments of different men’s fall attire, so keep reading to find out what else we like to see you in guys!
Had to stop for a minute to write an impromptu cooking blog because I made the most delicious and easy chili last week and needed to share it. I got a recipe off Pinterest but once I got all the ingredients I ended up doing my own thing.
- 1 pack of lean Jenny-O ground turkey
- 1 package of Jimmy Dean Maple Ground Sausage
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 small yellow onions or 1 large
- 1 12 oz can of Hunts petite diced tomatoes (no salt)
- 1 can of Hunts whole tomatoes
- 2 cans of pumpkin puree
- 1 can of red beans
- 1 can of white beans
- virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
- crushed red pepper
- brown sugar
- non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- cheddar cheese
- Heat up a table spoon of Olive Oil on the stove and throw in 1 onion (if small, half if large), a teaspoon of crushed garlic, the turkey and sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes until almost cooked.
- In crock pot add other onion, both yellow peppers, both cans of tomatoes, beans, and pumpkin puree. Add the meat & stir well.
- I am REALLY bad about measurements and I basically add all my spices to taste.
- The only thing I measured was brown sugar, I put 1/2 cup.
- Add some salt, pepper, cumin & chili powder. I would say at least 1/3 cup of cumin & chili powder.
- Let it cook on low for about an hour then check the taste.
- Add the spices to how you like. If you want it sweeter, add more brown sugar; spicier add more red pepper.
- Cook for about 4 hours.
- I put mine over brown rice with low fat cheddar cheese and a non-fat Greek yogurt!
It’s seriously super easy. Sorry I don’t do measurements but somethings you just have to trust your taste buds! Enjoy!
Hey there fashionistas ♥
Red•Red•and more Red for fall! Velvet and suede are also a style you will see splashing the racks in the department stores this season. I ran into this little doll baby at Forever 21 (shocking I know). I didn’t even try it on but holy heck when I did put it on. It is a very flattering dress. It accentuates the right parts and hides all the wrong, just how we like it!
I edged this look up with a pearl, leather choker and strappy black heels from DSW. You can wear this as a glam look on a date night or a girls night out. Throwing on a Gucci Belt Bag will dress it down. Swap it out with a clutch for fancier evenings.
Here is another way to style this look for a more fall or winter style.
Add a duster and over-the-knee boots for an evening, or holiday look.
Hello Fall Fashion Lovers, Welcome ♥
As I mentioned in a recent post, not being able to wear white after Labor Day is such an old-school misconception. I know it’s nerve wracking, I get it. I put on white pumps the other day & I did question myself at first but guess what I rocked it & I’m glad I did. #RebeliousFashionista
There are ways to wear white after summer, ladies. Would I go pulling out my white cotton sundresses right now, no that is a little extreme. But it can tastefully be worn. Ever hear of winter white? Yeah! That’s a thing too.
Tips & Tricks:
1. Jackets go fabulously with white pants for fall
2. Denim shirts are an amazing parining
3. Booties fall it up!
4. Wear fall colors with the white
5. Don’t look like you are going to the beach.
All three looks are from Scout & Molly’s Boutique in Hyde Park, Tampa!
Welcome to my blog Beauty Queens ♥
I don’t know about you but where I am the weather is still wacky & we are pretty much still dressing from our summer wardrobe.
It’s like, hello? Fall? Are you there? We hear you knocking, come on in! It’s been a long time coming here in Florida & some other place of the US as well. But, hoping we are almost in the clear to break out the boots & hats shortly. In Florida, we are still in the ever-so-long-lasting “transitional” period from summer to fall, rocking our denim shorts and tanks pretty comfortably but soon enough the nights will get crisp & we will need a light long-sleeve tee, like this one from JR Squared Shop. This is such a great, “everyday fall fashion” look. I wore it brunching with my ladies on a Sunday afternoon in town! It happened to be a little chillier that day, when I say chillier, it was like 82 degrees!
The fabric is super lightweight and a little see-through so I suggest a cami tank or bra underneath. We don’t get to wear bulky sweaters much but pieces like this always come in handy.
I’m in love with these Flying Monkey embroidered shorts from Fab’rik in South Tampa & my go-to fall/winter fedora from Calvin Klein. I bought this beauty in Palm Springs in 2012 so I am sure it’s a goner now but for more like it & & other great winter hats, shop here! My booties were snagged from Marshall’s and were a great find. Booties here are my go-to fall Florida foot garment
Hey all ♥
This is my last Nash post sharing some of my favorite parts and places that we discovered there.
- Biscuit Love. OMG. Best food ever. Order the bonuts and the breakfast bowl. It is a long wait but the line goes quickly and so does the service!
2. Corsair Whiskey Distillery. This was a great time and they have some delicious whiskey! Worth the trip!
3. Pancake Pantry. It’s pretty good. Long wait and a historical restaurant so check it out!
4. The Belmont Mansion. Such a sad, but great story. This woman is a boss and I loved it.
5. Belle Meade Plantation and winery. Very educational and the winery and wine tasting is great. They sometimes have live music out back. Great atmosphere.
6. Acme Feed & Seed. Fun at night and during the day. Get the frozen moonshine lemonade. Delish!
7. The Flipside. Fun wall decor. Great bloody mary’s and food. It is super retro inside, we loved it.
8. Draper James, Amelia’s Flower truck, I Believe in Nashville Wall. This is Reese Witherspoon’s boutique. Not my style but I did get a cute football shirt and photo opp! They are all right on the same street!
9. Capture the wall graffiti and decor and landscaping around every corner. I had a strong attraction to the doors in Nashville as well.
10. Parthenon. It’s historical and in it sits a gigantic statue of Athena and gigantic brass doors… the door thing 🙂
Bonus: Broadway… of course!
Hey babes ♥
I planned out my Nashville style a few weeks earlier. I grabbed a few things at Fab’rik during the summer sale. I brought two pair of booties, a pair of Jessica Simpson cowboy boots and back up flip flops. I wanted to appear country-chic but not like a tourist. No one in Nashville wears cowboy hats, bananas or boots 24/7 and it is the bachelorette party capital (two things I have learned!).
Day one was cold as hell and we were traveling so I went with stretchy black jeans, a white tee (shocker) and threw on the go-to plaid shirt. I threw on a hat to protect my hair the best I could and cut-out booties from Fab’rik. Make sure you have good walking shoes!! I never wore these so I was a little concerned but they were super comfortable and I got them from less than $20. I don’t think they have them anymore but check out Fabrik Shoes Here.
Here is another outfit I got from Fab’rik as well! I wore the same jeans, shoes and hat, yes! I have learned to pack lighter and I am SO glad! It’s best to plan the outfits out then over pack… trust me!
I am fairly certain this was my cousins dress! Haha! I wore this one out to the bar. I got my Jessica Simpson boots on Amazon for $35. I paired them with ruffle socks and this cotton dress. I definitely had a lot more clothes on than the other girls but I was still able to snag free drinks all night and a lot of compliments! See girls, it’s not always about the T & A! Amazon is out but shop Jessica Simpson Boots Here!
Funny enough, these Vince Camuto plum booties KILLED my feet. But that could have been because I made Jo walk all of Nashville 16 times in search of a Nash cap! It was hot this day but I still brought a cotton plaid shirt. Best investment here was is my Gucci Belt Bag. It’s ok because it’s Gucci, right!? Great for trips! It is small but very convenient!
1. Plan outfits ahead of time
2. Wear comfy shoes
3. Don’t look like a tourist
4. Have belt bag or crossbody
5. Plan where you want to see ahead of time!
Hope this helps!